Monday, December 14, 2009

Alice

Alice is a game and world maker that contains a grass, space, sand, snow, and dirt world. From those worlds you can add objects and make them move any way you want to create scenes. Alice gives you the opportunity to explore video making and imagination. To download Alice you can go to the website http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=downloads/download_alice and download it from there. The objects included in Alice are animals, all types of people, objects found in high school, Egypt, airports, objects found during the holidays and sport related objects. Basically any object you can think of, Alice has it. Alice can be used for educational purposes and personal enjoyment. The pros of Alice are that you can do whatever you want, any way you want. Alice gives you the opportunity to try new things and create your own world and it's a pretty basic system to use. The only cons of Alice are that it can be very time consuming for little tasks. In my personal world in Alice i made a world of a typical high school setting. I made the jocks and cheerleaders late to class, the nerd very early to class and the average people on time, but yelled at to sit in their seats. The lunch lady was excited about the lunch that day and the slacker was caught leaving school early. I then switched my setting to a high school prom where the jock and cheerleader won king and queen and the nerds were standing in the corner. I enjoyed Alice because i got to try something different and create something of my own. I would use Alice in the future for creating my own worlds when I'm bored or just want to do something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment